AlumaCoat MC is a one part moisture cured aluminum urethane coating that can function as a primer or as a top coat. AlumaCoat MC is user-friendly with a quick recoat time and forgiving application requirements. It can be used as a metal primer when the only minimal surface preparation is possible. Also, it can serve as an effective tie between two non-compatible coatings. PLS-100 can be brush, roll or spray applied.
- Simple application, only 1 component
- Can act as a primer or top coat
- Seals in rust or lead paint
- Reapplication in as little as 1 hour
- Cures to a low sheen abrasion and corrosion resistant barrier
- Stop corrosion and seal in corrosion of rusted surfaces.
- Seal in lead-based paints when abatement is not possible.
- Act as a tie-in layer between incompatible coatings.
- Protection of surfaces exposed to high temperatures.
- Colors: Aluminum
- Finish: Low Sheen
- Volume Solids: 54% ± 2%
- Coverage (Theoretical): 433 sq. Ft. per gallon at 1.0 mil DFT.
- Recommended DFT: 2 mils.
- Mixing Ratio: One component, stir well
- Thinning: Up to 10% with MEK
- Application: Roll, brush or spray
- Application Temperature: 18°F to 140°F dry @ 50% RH
- Cure Time: At 75°F and 50% R.H. 1-2 hrs. Tack free;
- Recoat Time: 2-24 hours
- Clean Up: MEK
- Dry Service Temperature: Up to 400°F
- Packaging: 1 gallon can
- V.O.C.: 2.98 lbs/gal (356 gms/liter)